South Africa’s Largest Boat Building Company
Founded by Jerry Caine in 1991, Robertson & Caine is a top catamaran building company located in South Africa. Robertson & Caine has been producing award-winning catamarans for some of the most discerning boat enthusiasts in the world.
Internationally Renowned Boats
The sought-after seafaring vessels constructed by Robertson & Caine gained popularity with the sailing world for various reasons. Highly regarded naval architects design the hand crafted boats that have achieved several industry awards. At least three boats are launched every week from the company’s construction facility located in Woodstock, Cape Town in South Africa. The facility is ideally situated a few kilometres from Cape Town’s city centre and its harbour. Over 1,300 employees form part of the team that makes this possible.
Robertson & Caine has built thousands of quality boats over a period of 35 years. Initially involved with a variety of sailing yachts including mono-hulls and carbon-fibre racing boats, the company has since evolved into mainly focusing on catamarans. Catering not only to the local market but also constructing boats to be exported, the company delivers hundreds of boats around the world every year. A range of Robertson & Caine sailing catamarans in various sizes grace some of the world’s most important sailing grounds including the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, the US East Coast, Seychelles, South Pacific and Asia. The company enjoys a leading position in the North American market and is a major competitor in the global catamaran industry.
Some of the many awards achieved by Robertson & Caine include:
- Best Multihull 40 feet and Under
- Best Overall Import Boat in the USA 2005
- Sail Magazine’s ‘Best Boats 2005’
- Cruising World Magazine’s ‘Charter Yacht of the Year 1998’ (Leopard 45 Catamaran)
- ‘Best Multihull Cruiser’ (Leopard 39) 2010
- Boat of the Year awards ‘Import of the Year’
- ‘Sail Best Boats 2010’ Cruising Multihull award (Leopard 39/Sunsail 384)
- ‘Sail Best Boats 2012’ Cruising Multihull Award (Leopard 44)
- Cruising World’s ‘2012 Import Boat of the Year’ (Leopard 44)
- Cruising World’s ‘2012 Best Multihull Boat of the Year’ (Leopard 44)
- Cruising World’s ‘2013 Best Full-Size Multihull Boat of the Year’ (Leopard 48)
- Cruising World’s ‘2017 Charter Boat of the Year’ (Leopard 45)
- 1993 Cape to Rio International Yacht Race (Broomstick)
Making Waves Internationally
After becoming known in global sailing circles, Robertson & Caine was approached to manufacture catamarans for the international charter fleet of Tui Marine – the parent company of two of the most known and respected charter companies, Sunsail and The Moorings. Well over 1,000 catamarans have been supplied to Tui Marine and the advanced designs have achieved several awards. Sales in the US are enhanced by Robertson & Caine Inc. a subsidiary company of Robertson & Caine in South Africa based in Tampa Bay, Florida in the US. The company offers comprehensive services including in-house design and spare parts supplies.